Buying art for the first time can be daunting and leave people feeling hesitant or unsure. Mitchell Fine Art in Brisbane have provided an essential guide to create an enjoyable buying experience:
1. Educate Yourself: Visit galleries and museums. Most exhibitions are free, and art should be experienced in person. Discover the artists and the art you like.
2. Sign Up to Mailing lists: Receive exhibition information direct into your inbox. Mitchell Fine Art presents a rotating exhibition calendar showcasing a diverse range of artworks. Social media is also a great way to stay informed, follow galleries on Instagram and Facebook.
3. Get Involved: Attend exhibition opening nights and artist talks, generally these are free events and can offer the opportunity to engage with artists. Mitchell Fine Art offers regular Artist Talks, Director’s Talk and Curator Talks, all events are free and there is time for Q&A’s.
4. Discuss your Needs: Don’t be intimidated to discuss your needs or wants. Most galleries have stockrooms where amazing goodies can be discovered. Gallery staff know what they have behind the scenes, and if they don’t, they might have an idea of what is coming up that might be what you’re looking for. Mitchell Fine Art’s stockroom offers a large range of Aboriginal and Contemporary Australian artworks. If something is not on display does not mean it’s not available.
5. Art is Personal: Don’t feel the need to follow trends or be convinced by the sales pitch. If it is a work of art that you are going to see daily, it must be something you love. However you decide is a completely personal decision.
6. Buy: There are options available in the buy process. Pay for it all straight away, put it on lay buy and pay it off or see if the gallery is a member of an art buy scheme where you can take it home and pay it off in instalments. Mitchell Fine Art is a gallery member of Art Money, an interest free option to buy art, contact the gallery for more information.
Buying art can be at the beginning of the interior process, the finishing element, a feature painting for a specific room or the beginning of a new collection. When you find a work that resonates and you could enjoy in your home, take the leap.
Mitchell Fine Art has curated the perfect way to engage and experience art before buying and delivers a quality experience for anyone visiting the gallery.
For those looking to begin the process, Mitchell Fine Art's team can offer expert guidance to refine the selection and purchase of artworks. For your convenience, they can also facilitate professional assistance with framing, transportation, lighting and art hanging and installation requirements.
Mitchell Fine Art works closely with professional couriers to ensure your artworks are delivered safely.
To enquire on any artworks phone 07 3254 2297 or email email@example.com.
Mitchell Fine Art is open 6 days a week in Fortitude Valley - Monday to Friday 10am to 5.30pm and Saturday 10am to 5pm, with free onsite parking available
To view or purchase artworks online visit www.mitchellfineartgallery.com